Saturdays at 12:30am and Sundays at 12:00 midnight
PBA 30 is showcasing the work of Atlanta independent filmmakers with a half-hour, weekly series. Hosted by Atlanta actress-singer Debra McDavid, Atlanta Shorts features the best independent short films with a local connection.
Become a fan on
A graduate of Yale University with a Masters Degree in the Performing Arts, Atlanta Shorts Host Debra McDavid has had an acting and singing career internationally, as well as here in the United States. From film to commercials to theater to television appearances, McDavid is well-acquainted with the entertainment industry, and well-connected with the Atlanta independent film community.
How can I get my work on the show?
- The film must have an Atlanta connection. This could include the actor(s), the shooting location, the producer/director and/or subject matter.
- A signed Release Form is required
- The minimum length to be considered for broadcast is one minute.
- In keeping with current FCC regulations for broadcast television, any film containing nudity, excessive violence and profanity will be excluded.
- The film may be narrative or documentary, animation or live-action.
- You must complete the contact information form and enclose it with your entry.
- Public Broadcasting Atlanta retains the right to reject any film.
Format for Submission:
- DVD is preferred, but Mini DV or VHS tape are also acceptable. The submitted film must be completed and mixed. We will not re-edit any submissions. All entries must include a completed signed Release Form and a Contact Information Form.
- If your movie is selected, you must provide a copy on Mini DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO or Beta tape.
- No submission fee is required.
- No submissions will be returned.
Send all entries to:
Atlanta Shorts Showcase
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
740 Bismark Road, NE
Atlanta GA 30324