In his first concerts as music director designate in January 2009, Riccardo Muti conducts the CSO in Verdi’s Requiem; Sir Mark Elder conducts a sacred work from the CSO’s spring Dvoøák Festival.
- Verdi: Messa da Requiem (Barbara Frittoli, soprano; Olga Borodina, mezzo-soprano;
- Mario Zeffiri, tenor; Ildar Abdrazakov, bass; Chicago Symphony Chorus, Duain
- Wolfe, director; Riccardo Muti, conductor)
- Dvorák: Te Deum (Patricia Racette, soprano; Philip Cutlip, baritone, Chicago Symphony
- Chorus, Duain Wolfe, director; Sir Mark Elder, conductor)